COMING UP NEXT
At this point we have been able to fulfill the required registration for our FIRST Tech Challenge and FIRST LEGO League events.
Here are some January FRC dates you don’t want to miss:
- January 7 – FIRST Robotics Competition Kickoff presented by Novelis on FIRSTtv! (noon, Eastern)
- CHARGED UPSM presented by Haas game revealed!
- Kickoff Kits distributed
- Encryption key posted & unencrypted game specific content posted
- Replacement parts system opens
- FIRST Choice Round 2 opens
- New Virtual Kit items posted on the Virtual Kit section of the Kit of Parts webpage
- January 11 – Official Q&A opens (details to be posted shortly after Kickoff)
- January 13 – Missing/damaged Kickoff Kit item replacement part requests due (noon, Eastern)
- January 16 – FIRST Choice Round 2 ends, priority lists locked (noon, Eastern)
- January 19 – Digital Animation Award (due 11:59PM ET)
- January 26 – FIRST Choice open ordering opens (noon, Eastern)
- January 31 – Payment due for additional events
Four Programs… One Mission!
To inspire young people to be science and technology leaders!
FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) is an all-inclusive, character driven, K-12 STEM education program that uses robot challenges to build science and technology skills and interests in a holistic way that also inspires self-confidence, leadership, and life skills. FIRST was founded in 1989 by inventor Dean Kamen to inspire youth interest and participation in science and technology. Based in Manchester, NH, this not-for-profit public organization designs accessible, innovative programs that motivate young people to pursue education and career opportunities in science, technology, engineering, and math, while gaining self-confidence, knowledge, and life skills. With support from a comprehensive network of a majority of Fortune 500 corporations, educational and professional institutions, foundations, and individuals, FIRST provides more than $50 million in college scholarships. Programs include FIRST® Robotics Competition (FRC® ) for students in Grades 9-12; FIRST® Tech Challenge (FTC® ) for Grades 7-12; FIRST® LEGO®League (FLL® ) for Grades 4-8; and Junior FIRST® LEGO®League (Jr.FLL®) for Grades K-3. In April, the four programs culminate in the0
FIRST Championship, an international robotics competition and celebration where teams win recognition, build on their self-confidence, make new friends, and perhaps discover exciting new career paths.
FIRST at a Glance
FIRST is an international program with growing impact:
460,000+ students, 52,000+ teams, 40,000+ robots, 120,000+ Mentors/adult supporter roles filled, 110,000+ other Volunteer roles filled (e.g. event Volunteers, Affiliate Partners, VISTAs), More than 3,500 Sponsors, including corporations, educational and professional institutions, and individuals.
Every FIRST program is run by a dedicated and accomplished group of volunteers, including the parents, teachers, friends and engineers, who spend many hours each year to make FIRST a reality for all of the students. Increasingly, these active volunteers and role models are FIRST Alumni.